If you are a doggie parent then you are probably all too familiar with how much dogs absolutely adore food. If your dog isn’t sleeping, playing or going for a walk around the neighborhood chances are he would want to be eating. Fortunately, we have a recipe that your dog is sure to love. Keep reading to learn how you can bake up some Peanut Butter Bacon Doggie Delights for that special dog or dogs in your life.
Before continuing do the following:
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees
- Gather 2 non-stick baking sheets or line two baking sheets with wax paper.
- Set out a Cooling rack or two.
Gather the following ingredients:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (or try another nut butter such as almond butter)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup oats (quick oats work well)
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- Stir together the peanut butter, milk and applesauce until no lumps remain.
- To the liquid mixture, add the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- To the liquid mixture, flour and baking soda add the oats and bacon. Continue to mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your dough to a ¼ inch thickness. Cut into any fun shapes you like or think your pup will enjoy.
- Place cookies on baking sheets. Space apart at least an inch.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until cookies are a golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip cookies and continue to bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack and allow cookies to come to room temperature.
- Serve to your favorite pooch! You can also try a nibble if you like. Who knows, you may find a cookie you both enjoy together!
Storage: Cookies can stay in an airtight container for up to a week or you can freeze them in an airtight container for up to 2 months – but we think you are going to eat them up pretty quick.