You’ve just welcomed a new puppy into your home. However, there’s a problem. Your backyard is not fenced in and you are afraid, if given the opportunity, your puppy will run off and possibly get lost or hurt. Therefore, you have thought about it and have decided to go ahead with an invisible fence. So what exactly is an invisible fence, and why may it or may not work for you? Continue reading to learn more.
What Exactly Is An Invisible Fence?
Essentially, an invisible fence is a system that consists of three components.
- The wires designating the boundary of your fence, which are buried approximately 3-4 inches underground.
- A main transmitter located on your property –typically inside your house or garage.
- A receiver attached to a special collar that your dog will need to wear, which responds to the boundaries determined by your fence.
If your dog gets too close to the boundary of the fence, while wearing the transceiver collar, she will encounter an annoying, yet harmless, electric shock. This shock is meant to prevent her from going any further.
- Relatively inexpensive – compared to having a standard wooden or other type of fence installed in your yard.
- You can determine the boundaries – appropriate for almost any terrain.
- Does not take away from the aesthetics of your yard.
- Helpful training tool.
- A plausible option if your town has specific fence rules that would prevent you from installing a typical fence.
- Will not damage your grass or other greenery.
- Are effective on dogs as young as 8 weeks old and as small at 2 and-a-half pounds.
- Considered humane.
- Can be placed in water for dogs who like to swim.
- It is possible that your dog could become used to the fence, which would make it useless.
- If the batteries in your dog’s collar die, he can leave the boundary.
- Does not keep other critters or people out of your boundary.
- Not ideal for areas where high traffic is a problem.
- If the power goes out, so does your invisible fence.
- You need to check with utility companies before installing.
Is An Invisible Fence Right For You?
Clearly, there are many benefits to installing an invisible fence for your dog. In most cases, your dog can be quite safe and secure behind the confines of their electrical fence, as long as batteries are changed regularly and the fence is well maintained.
However, for stubborn or harder to train dogs, an invisible fence may not be the right choice for you. In most cases, an invisible fence does not eliminate the need for training your pup.
Just as keeping your dog safe is important to you, keeping dogs healthy is important to NuVet Labs, which is why they created NuVet Plus and NuJoint Plus. NuVet Plus is a nutritious pet vitamin supplement comprised of highest quality ingredients and manufactured in an FDA approved lab.
Many doggie parents have decided to start supplementing their beloved canine’s diet with NuVet supplements, and they have been happy to share their results. Pet parents have shared how their once stiff canine companions are now running around like younger versions of themselves. Customers’ pups are also experiencing improved energy, digestion, and overall health since beginning a daily regimen of NuVet Plus.
Connect with NuVet for more information!