Everybody knows that cats love fish so why not show Fluffy how much you love her by treating her to some salmon? If you feel like whipping up something nutritious yet quick and easy for Fluffy’s dinner one night, why not try the following little recipe aptly called: Sumptuous Salmon Delight. We have a feeling that your cat is going to love it and will probably want more. If you are not sure, continue reading to see why salmon is so great for cats:
- Salmon is full of unsaturated fats, which are not only great for your cat’s joints and muscles but is also heart healthy.
- Salmon is also a great source of Omega fatty acids, which are wonderful for maintaining a healthy feline coat.
- Protein is another contribution of salmon. Fluffy’s body needs protein for energy and to maintain a healthy weight.
- Salmon has a reputation for being gentle on cats digestion.
- And even better – salmon is full of calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and Riboflavin.
- 1 can of high quality salmon
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. of cooked broccoli – mashed – use your food processor for this.
- 1 tsp. brewer’s yeast
Note: on brewers yeast – some cats are sensitive to brewers yeast so feel free to keep it out. However, if your cat is not, know that brewers yeast is a great source of B vitamins, which all cats need.
- In a re-sealable container or bowl, mix all ingredients together well.
- Spoon into Fluffy’s favorite dish.
- Watch Fluffy happily enjoy this fine meal.
- Refrigerate leftovers in re-sealable container. Do not use past 3 days.