Have you ever worked somewhere or wished that you worked somewhere that dogs or cats were welcome? An article in the Scientific American states that “60% of Americans own a pet.” This is represented in a cultural push towards pet-friendly work environments.
Here at NuVet we love dogs and cats and can easily understand how having your favorite four-legged companion with you at work is a bonus. It’s one of the perks of working at NuVet Labs, as we get to bring our best friend’s to work with us. As we thought about what a great benefit this is, we thought it might be helpful to our readers to share why having pets in the workplace is so great! Keep reading to see what we came up with.
- Dogs lower stress – Studies have shown that having a dog around can lower stress.
- Dogs lower blood pressure – Studies also show that just the simple act of petting a dog can lower blood pressure.
- Provide mental break – Having a dog around can provide a mental break from stressful work moments.
- Provide a physical break – Having your dog with you at work forces you to get up and take them out for bathroom breaks. This provides you with activity and needed circulation.
- Can make you laugh – Let’s face it. Dogs are funny. Who doesn’t need a good laugh every once in awhile, especially at work?
- Can bring co-workers together – Having a dog in the workplace not only creates a sense of community among co-workers – especially fellow dog owners – it also creates harmony.
- Allows your pets to socialize with each other – Why do people take their dogs to obedience classes, dog beaches and parks? Because they are trying to socialize them. Socializing is hugely important to making sure your dog has a nice well-rounded personality. If you can do that at work why not?
- Helps time pass more pleasantly – Having your buddy Fido with you in the workplace helps the time pass more pleasantly.
- Saves money – Having your pooch with you at work helps cut costs. You don’t have to hire a dog walker to take your pup out while you are at work. More importantly, you don’t have to rely on somebody else to take care of your beloved dog.
- Increased productivity – A recent study claims that dogs in the workplace makes employees more productive. The boss will love that!
- No surprises – Because Fido is with you all day, and most likely not bored or lonely, you won’t be walking into any little surprises when you get home from work.
As you can see, there are many positive reasons why a dog in the workplace could be an asset. If you have the choice of bringing your pooch to your place of employment, hopefully this list will help make the decision a bit easier for you!
NuVet Labs is proud to re-post this article to confirm our commitment to pets in the workplace.