At the end of the day, your dog wants nothing more than to spend some quality time with you. As a beloved member of your family, you probably want to make sure that you can include your pet in all of your vacation plans. Don’t leave your best pal home when you head to the beach this summer. Instead, take your dog to one of these wonderful dog-friendly beaches.
Best Dog Beaches in the Country
- Fishermans Cove Conservation Area, Manasquan, New Jersey— Known locally as the “dog beach,” this beach welcomes pets on their leashes throughout the entire year.
- Cannon Beach, Cannon Beach, Oregon — This is the perfect beach for your pet to get some fresh air and exercise. It is known for its wide, open spaces and expansive areas of sand. There are giant rock formations that make it interesting for dog owners. Dogs are required to be leashed or under voice control by their pet parents.
- The Original Dog Beach, San Diego, California — Perhaps its name says it all. This dog beach welcomes dogs of all shapes and sizes to roam off-leash whenever they arrive at the beach. Conveniently, there’s a dog wash located nearby so pet parents can get their dog cleaned up after a fun day in the surf and sand.
- Fort de Soto Park, St. Petersburg, Florida — This dog beach has several different elements that may interest pet parents. There is a designated portion of the beach where dogs are allowed to roam without their leashes on. In addition, there are two fenced in dog park areas on the beach for large breed dogs and small breed dogs to safely play together.
- Oak Island Beaches, Wilmington, North Carolina — This is a relaxed beach that welcomes dogs to play off-leash. The low surf provides pets with plenty of opportunity to splash in the wave and retrieve natural chew toys from the water. It is a family-friendly area and perfect for playful dogs.